- Wealth PMS
🔆 Quick glance
- Market Overview: Sensex 30 PE trend, Macro markers & Top stocks of the week
- Links we like: 5 good reads on markets & money
- Capitalmind Show: Kya Lagta Hai Bazaar on Youtube
Market Overview 🎯
The bigger green columns as against the red ones clearly indicate the euphoria of the market. Bajaj twins had a great week on account of reporting strong earnings. Tata Steel stock had a 1:10 split which acted as a catalyst to boost the stock price in an already strong market. On the losers’ side, Dr. Reddy’s again tops the list just like last week – the stock is down 12% since the last year.
USDINR cooled off a bit after hitting a record high last week. Key commodities – Crude, Gold, and silver were all up this week along with the equity markets. On a macro level, here’s how the key markers have performed over the week.
The market is not as cheap as it was a week back, but it’s not overheated either. The Sensex PE ratio, in comparison to the long term range, indicates that the Sensex 30 is at an attractive level to buy into.
Links we like 📝
- Why searching for the perfect strategy can be a waste of time and how short-term dopamine spikes can sabotage long-term investment decisions. Read – Why Perfectionism Ruins Portfolios?
On Wednesday, the Federal Reserve raised interest rates for a fourth time this year to further slow down the economy. Each time they hint towards increasing even further and then went ahead to do that. Read – Why doesn’t the Fed just hike 200bp all at once?
- Factor investing is a style of investing based on mechanically following a theme (factor) and exploiting its edge. Here is a good primer sharing details of this approach in a succinct post. Read – Your Complete Guide to Factor-Based Investing by A. Berkin & L. Swedroe
- In this article, Ben Carlson discusses three very interesting points on long-term investing. Read – A Giant Distraction to the Business of Investing
- A very interesting analysis of stocks hitting a 52-week low during the 2020 crash and how it is similar to the recent crash. It gives us a little perspective on whether the US market has bottomed or not. Read – Why This Crash is Worse Than 2020 (and Why It Might Be Over Soon)
Kya Lagta Hai Bazaar🎙
We do a weekly show with Deepak Shenoy where we talk about markets, finance, and investing. A candid conversation to wrap up the week and a chance to interact with you all. Join in, every Friday, at 4 PM on YouTube.
Here’s our latest episode (aired yesterday) where we talk about a host of topics – Weekly market review, has the market made the bottom?, have interest rates peaked?, Capitalmind PMS, Capex revival in the markets, the troubles with Zomato, and much more.
Listen in. And, don’t forget to leave a comment.
Go Premium – Unbiased, data-backed insights! ⚡
⭐️ Exclusive Research – We write for you to invest better, not for advertisements.
⭐️ Model Portfolios – Ready to invest portfolios with diverse themes. Take your pick.
⭐️ Member Community – Engage with 2000+ individuals with similar interests. Ideate, Collaborate, Grow.